With phone screens getting bigger, smartphone companies have been looking out for ways to use such large screens for multitasking. Yes, its available on android. On Samsung smartphones, all it takes is a few clicks to run two apps simultaneously on the same screen using the split screen function.
With this feature, you can easily alternate between apps, adjust the size of the display for each app, and copy information from one app to the other.
It is much more efficient than constantly switching between apps.
This also solves the problem of using YouTube in background. Now, you can easily note down the ingredients while watching your favorite recipe video on YouTube without switching between the apps.
Here’s how you can enable Samsung’s Split Screen.
• Open the app you want to keep on top of your split screen view (YouTube in this case).
• Press ‘recents’ button on your phone and tap the app icon.
• Select ‘open in Split Screen view’.
Now, you’ll have to choose the second app for the split screen view.
• Tap the circular squares button on the bottom left of the screen.
• select the second app (Notes in this case).
You can easily adjust the size of the apps by dragging the partitioning line between them accordingly.
This feature can save you a lot of time while multitasking. You can chat or text while reading an article simultaneously on the same screen.