Facebook owned Whatsapp finally got the dark mode a few days back after months of beta testing. The dark mode will reduce glare and improve night viewing experience. Significant decrease in the screen brightness will also reduce eye strain and enhance visual ergonomics.
The dark mode for Whatsapp is purely dark for iOS and dark grey for Android. The dark mode can either be enabled manually or can be set to match the system theme automatically.
Here’s how to enable dark mode for Whatsapp in Android.
- Open Whatsapp app.
- Tap the three vertical dots on the top right corner.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Chats’ and tap ‘Theme’.
- In the ‘Choose theme’ dialog box, tap ‘Dark’ and then ‘OK’ to enable dark mode.
- That’s all! The dark mode will now be enabled.
Enable dark mode for Whatsapp in iOS 13 running iPhone.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your iPhone.
- Tap ‘Display & Brightness’.
- Now, tap ‘Dark’ under ‘Appearance’ tab to enable the dark mode.
- System wide dark mode will be enabled for all apps.