We use numerous applications on our smartphone on a daily basis and don’t even realize the role of existing compatibility between each application and our device.
Read More – Android vs iOS
Although, new smartphones with latest firmware work seamlessly with various applications but older devices often struggle with firmware updates thereby proving to be incompatible with a number of applications. That’s where the user gets an error message ‘YOUR DEVICE ISN’T COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION’.
Don’t worry, if the challenge exists, so must the solution.
Here’s a very simple approach to get your desired application to work on your smartphone smoothly.
Read More – Speed up your old Android phone
First of all, to determine compatibility it is absolutely necessary to KNOW THE CURRENT ANDROID VERSION your device is running on. To do so:-
• On your Android device, open ‘Settings’ app.
• Scroll all the way down and tap ‘About phone’. Now find the ‘Android Version’ (If you still cannot find the android version, tap ‘Software Information’).
Now, this is the Android version your device is currently running on.
NEXT, FIND THE COMPATIBLE APPLICATION FOR YOUR DEVICE.
• Determine the name of the application you are struggling with.
• Simply, go to Google search and type in ‘name of application’ and ‘Android version of your device’ apk. For example, if your android version is ‘6.0’ and ‘Whatsapp’ is incompatible with your device, then type in ‘Whatsapp android 6.0 apk‘ in Google search.
• Now, download the apk from the exisiting search results.
• Next, install the downloaded apk on your device and you’re good to go.
Read More – Should you upgrade your smartphone every year?
(Note- In order to install downloaded APKs on your device, please make sure that installation of apps from unknown sources is enabled on your device. If not, Go to Settings>Security and scroll down to enable ‘Unknown sources’)
Now, the application that caused compatibility issues earlier will install and run seamlessly on your device.